There have been many cases reported which state that the Nvidia graphic adapters, and users are unable to locate their NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL on their windows computer.
They generally complain about missing Nvidia Control Panel on the desktop context menu or the Windows Control Panel. This issue can be due to missing registry subkeys, faulty graphic card drivers, or any random error committed by the user.
But don’t you worry. This article brings out the best possible solutions—the solutions which can be used to fix the issue of missing Nvidia Control Panel from the Desktop. By following the instructions and steps mentioned below, one can easily locate and bring the Nvidia Control Panel on their desktop control panel.
Quick Ways To fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing
Following are the various methods to rectify the error of missing Nvidia Control Panel
Unhide Your Nvidia Control Panel By The Windows
The first mentioned method here demands the user to unhide the Nvidia Control Panel by the windows. The Nvidia Control Panel may get concealed by the windows when you are upgrading the device from the previous version. It can also happen by software which is capable of changing the graphic settings.
But for unhiding, the users have to follow the below-mentioned steps and process
- The first step is to press the Window Logo Key and then press ‘R‘ on your computer keyboard. This will enforce the RUN Dialog.
- After invoking the Run Dialog type ‘control’ and press ‘enter‘ on the keyboard. After pressing the enter key, the control panel will open on the Desktop.
- In the control panel, go under view options and select ‘Large Icons.’
- Then select Nvidia Control Panel.
- Under the Nvidia Control Panel, .select the View icon or Desktop and add Desktop Control Menu.
- After successfully going through all these steps, right-click your Desktop and check if your Nvidia Control Panel appears on the desktop context menu.
Restart The Nvidia Services
The next method which one can adopt to bring back the Nvidia Control Panel is to restart Nvidia Services, which can be used to fix Nvidia Control Panel missing issues. Follow the below-mentioned steps to restart the Nvidia Services
- The first step is to open the ‘Run’ box. The box can be opened by pressing ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys together.
- In the next step, type services.msc in the Run Box. Then press the Enter Button.
- After opening the services window, look for the service under the name of Nvidia.
- Then click on the ‘Restart‘ button. The button can be seen on the left side of the window.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button, if that service is not in running condition.
That’s it. Now you can see your Nvidia Control Panel available on the Windows Desktop.
Still, people find some issues while following this method. For instance, your computer may give an Error 14109 message stating that the windows are unable to process your request for opening the Nvidia Display Container Service.
If any user faces this issue, he can go through the following steps to resolve it.
- The first step is to right-click on the ‘Start’ button and then click on the Device Manager option.
- After opening it, expand the Display Adaptors.
- Then right-click on the Nvidia Driver and Uninstall it.
- In the end, restart your Personal Computer.
Update The Graphics Driver
The third method states updating the Graphic Driver. In most cases, the users face the issue of missing the Nvidia Control Panel because they use the wrong or outdated graphic driver.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to update the Graphics Driver
The users can update their Graphics Driver in two ways-Either Manually or Automatically
The Manual Process
- In the manual process, you have to find the right driver very cautiously and then install it.
- Go to the Nvidia website and find the driver with your Windows version.
- After the download process is completed, double click on the download file and follow the instructions mentioned for installing the driver.
The Automatic Process
- Drivers Easy can be used to follow the automatic process of updating the driver.
- Driver Easy recognizes the system of the user and recommends the correct drivers according to it.
- All you need is to do is to install Driver Easy. Go to Driver Easy and click the ‘Scan Now‘ button.
- It will detect all the possible issues on your device.
- Click on the ‘Update All’ option, and Driver Easy will install the correct version of the Graphic Driver.
Reinstall The Graphics Designer
If the methods mentioned above are unable to reappear in the Nvidia Control Panel, the other method that can be used is to reinstall your Graphics Driver.
The user needs to uninstall the current driver and to clear all the possible corrupted files.
Following steps can be used to reinstall the Graphics Driver
- The first step is to open Driver Easy.
- Select the ‘tools’ options and then click the ‘Driver Uninstall‘ option.
- Go to the Nvidia Graphic Driver in the Display Adapter section and click on the Install Button.
- With this step, the Graphic Driver will be removed.
- Then restart your PC.Go to File Explorer.
- Visit C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\Program Files. Delete all the Nvidia Folders.
- Go to Driver Easy and Reinstall the Nvidia Graphics Driver.
Other Steps And Methods
Even after going through all the methods mentioned above and steps, if the users are still facing the issue of missing the Nvidia Control Panel, this last method can reappear the missing Nvidia Control Panel.
- The first step is to go to My Computer in the following path- Program Files (x86) – NVIDIA CorporationDisplay – NvContainer.
- Go to the Display.NvContainer folder and click Display.NvContainer option. Select the copy option.
- Go to the Startup Folder and open the run box.
- Type shell: startup in the Run box and click Enter.
- Paste the copied Display.NvContainer file in the startup folder.
- Select the Properties option by right-clicking on Display.NvContainer.
- Select the Compatibility Tab under Properties.
Click on the Run this program as administrator checkmark option and then click Ok.
Your work is done here. With these mentioned methods, the users will get the perfect solution for the missing Nvidia Control Panel Issue.